Second European Conference on the Biology of Hydrogen Sulfide
The 2nd H2S conference will be in Exeter in September 8-11th, 2013. For more information visit: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/eventexeter/h2s/
Registraton was extended until March 30.
Dear Colleagues, dear Friends
On behalf of the Organizing committee, we cordially invite you to attend the First European Conference on the Biology of Hydrogen Sulfide. The aim of the conference is to bring together European scientists, with international participation, focusing their research on an involvement of H2S in biology.
Over the last two decades hydrogen sulfide, H2S, is continuing to emerge as an important gaseous mediator in cellular physiology and pathology. H2S as another gaseous signal molecule with a wide range of biological activities is an indispensable part of our live and death. Therefore we suppose that everybody would like to take part in the H2S business.
The Conference will be held at Smolenice Castle, Slovakia.
The village of Smolenice with the well-known Smolenice Castle is situated at the foot of Male Karpaty mountains, 60 km northwest from Bratislava. The castle shelters the Congress Centre of the Slovak Academy of Sciences (CC SAS). In the CC SAS 80 beds are available (in single-, double- and three-bed rooms). In the restaurant premises, 120 seats for catering are available. The Congress Room has 80 seats.
Congress center SAV,
919 04 Smolenice,
Tel: +421(0)33 5586191
Daily access to the cable internet is guaranteed. Wireless connection is also available in the castle.
June 15 - 18, 2012
The official language of the Conference is English.
Main Topics of the Conference will include all aspects of H2S involvement in biology.
The details will be announced soon
Conference fee will be 550 Eur for active participants and 500 Eur for accompanying person. The fee may be reduced for a few selected young post-docs and PhD students from the less well funded labs.
The fee includes all expenses:
- Registration fee and conference materials;
- Accommodation for 3 nights;
- Full board for the time of symposium;
- Free coffee, cake and drinks during the coffee breaks;
- Free drinks during the poster sessions;
- Free welcome and farewell parties with live music and free drinks;
- Bus transport from Bratislava to Smolenice Castle and back.
How to get to Smolenice
- On June 15, we will provide bus from bus station BRATISLAVA AS, MLYNSKE NIVY to Smolenice (and back). Bus will leave to Smolenice at 12.15 h. There will be a person waiting for you in the entrance hall of the bus station and will hold a poster SMOLENICE CONFERENCE. Please note, no additional transportation will be provided by organizers.
- On June 18, there will be a bus from SMOLENICE to the bus station Bratislava AS, Mlynske Nivy. Bus is scheduled to leave Smolenice at 13.00 h and will be in Bratislava approximately 14.15 h.
For those, who will not use conference bus, there is a public bus transportation to Smolenice from the bus station BRATISLAVA AS, MLYNSKE NIVY.
For those, who wish to use other types of public transportation to Bratislava (train, plane to Bratislava airport), please contact us and we will help to arrange transport for you to the bus station. Schedule of bus departures from Bratislava,AS, Mlynske Nivy to Smolenice is listed below. Each fare costs up to 3 €.
|Departure from Bratislava, AS
||Arrival to Smolenice
How to get to Bratislava from Vienna
- If your journey to Slovakia is via Vienna airport, please, take the direct bus from Vienna airport (platform 7, each ~30 minutes) to Bratislava Bus Station (Bratislava AS, Mlynske Nivy). Fare for one way is 7,70 € (return OPEN 14,30 €). Price for luggage 1€. This trip will take approximately 1 hour.
- If you come to Vienna by train, you should further take a train from Wien Südbahnhof Ostbahn to Bratislava hl.st. - Central Railway Station (be aware of train arrival to Bratislava hl.st., no other railway stations).
How to get to Smolenice from Bratislava
To visualize the route, please visit any Internet-Routeoplaner (http://maps.google.com/ or www.viamichelin.com) and for the destination write “Smolenice, Slovakia”. If you are using GPS, coordinates of Smolenice Castle are GPS 48° 30′ 48.64″ N, 17° 25′ 56.70″ E
IF YOU WILL NEED OUR ASSISTANCE, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US, WE CAN HELP YOU TO FIND THE OPTIMAL ROUTE.